Our Succession Planning process is based on a proven framework and structure that responds to each family's individual circumstance. Our independence is key to our success, together with our experience, gentle guidance and coaching for accountability and outcomes.
As part of our process, we will:
- Establish trusted relationships with all family members. This is achieved via our discovery phase which is 100% focused on asking the right 'open ended' questions to capture insights and enable conversations to get started.
- Help you to articulate the end goal, and then begin coaching with the end in mind.
- Develop a shared understanding, so that all family members can learn and appreciate what is important to one another.
- Explore and develop options – and then utilise our professional experience to uncover preferred pathways.
- Create a formalised written plan – documenting specifics, including accountability steps.
- Undertake regular reviews – to celebrate successes, identify changes and to adapt the plan as needed.
Each family's needs will be different, and that is anticipated and expected. In terms of timing to get started or to allow for this process, there's no perfect time or timeframe, but it is critical that the conversations are held while there's sufficient time to think, discuss and explore options. That way, a smooth transition or outcome can occur, rather than decisions having to be made under urgency, with high emotion involved, accompanied by probable stress and duress.